Somehow I managed to forget my July update, so I’m combining it with my August one.
34. Organise all files on external hard drive and new laptop, from old computer and Mum’s computer – Done in July 2015. This does exclude anything to do with my photos (as that’s a separate goal) but they are at least in logically placed files.
37. Either get a promotion (and pay rise) at my current job, or find a new job – I got a promotion! I was told about it at the end of July and it came into effect at the beginning of August. The pay rise is tiny but never mind.
This does mean the next two goals on my list (Check on company’s Intranet weekly to find out there are any jobs available suitable for me and Sign up to job websites to find out what’s out there) are now obsolete, so I think I’ll replace them.
44. Tidy my desk – My team moved to hotdesking in August so it wasn’t a question of tidying, so much as throwing things away. Either way, it’s done.
56. Buy a new digital camera – Done on 7.8.15
Goals in progress
72. Donate 1,000,000 grains at http://freerice.com (277,000 / 1,000,000) – 65,000 grains donated in July and August.
93. Read 100 books by authors I haven’t read
3.7.15: Finished Always the Bridesmaid by Lindsey Kelk. This is chick lit, which I was hoping to avoid, but I’ve already said no YA or TV novelisations and there are only so many restrictions I can deal with.
25.7.15: Finished A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman